Friday, July 2, 2021

Test Post

 As promised, this will be a test post for all of you email subscribers to see if the follow.it email subscription service really works.  I'd love some feedback so if you re-subscribed through follow.it please let me know if you got their email for this post.  You can either leave a comment below or email me at lindaslens13@gmail.com.   Thank you!


This little wren entertained us with her song

I've been chilling at my parent's house for the past 2 weeks.  They live on the edge of town and have a lovely backyard full of wildlife.  I've passed many happy hours sitting on their patio watching the birds flit through the trees.  A couple of wrens have built a nest in a nearby birdhouse and every day they've serenaded us with their melodious calls.


Woodpecker fighting with another bird

The other morning a woodpecker landed on a hanging suet cake.  Bonus - it got into a fight with another bird over the goodies and I happened to have my camera focused at the right time!


Woodpecker feeding her young

Then a baby woodpecker landed on the suet cake string and the parent began feeding her offspring.  So cute!


Wild turkey flapping it's wings

There's a huge flock of wild turkeys that love to wander through my folks backyard.  I caught this one flapping his wings.


Mama deer and fawn

And finally, several deer are always wandering through the yard.  They even drink from my parent's birdbath!  One mama deer had a tiny fawn and I was always trying to get a photo of it.  Yesterday I happened to be in the right place at the right time and was finally successful!

I'd like to thank everyone who responded my long, detail-oriented post about my recent brain surgery.  Your comments warmed my heart!  It's wonderful to know I have so many friends in the blogging community.


11 comments:

  1. ...the turkey is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deer photo is awesome!! Hope your IV's are going well for you and you have a great 4th with your parents:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be a pleasant place to recuperate, with so much nature paying you a visit. That's a brave bird to tackle a woodpecker, one stab from that beak could be lethal. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,
    I hope you are feeling better and will be back to your normal activities soon. Your parents do have a wonderful yard for watching the wildlife. I love the birds, turkey and the sweet deer. Take care! Have a happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not signed up for email subscriptions but I know some people who read my blog are subscribed to mine. My comments have dropped way off so I suspect Blogger has done its thing. I'll have to figure out a work around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your using the same subscription service as me which I added to the Church Explorer. Some great shots I take it your using that Nifty zoom of yours on your R6

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see that your up and about, Linda and your photography skills haven't been impaired! Just love these images.
    I just check in regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see you are out and about enjoying nature! I did not subscribe to receive notices, I check your blog regularly and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome shot of the turkey! Glzd you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures, Needed some pleasure so logged in and so enjoy Mitchell backyard with the animals. I miss them so. Have a safe trip home. Love Aunty Lim

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.