Tuesday, June 29, 2021

ATTENTION!!

 A month or two back I mentioned in a post that the Feedburner email subscription service was going away on July 1st.  What's feedburner you ask?  Well those of you who follow my blog via email get your updates from this service.



I found an alternative to Feedburner - an email subscription platform called follow.it.  This service was supposed to migrate all my existing email followers to this new platform so these folks wouldn't have to do anything.  However I spent all afternoon trying to get it to work and think I messed something up.  I was, however, successful in installing the feedburner "Follow Me" icon on my blog's sidebar.


So if you follow me by email and wish to continue doing so you will need to re-enter your email on the new Follow.it gadget.   


This gadget can be found on my blog's sidebar below the "followers" box and it looks like this:  





(FYI don't click on the above box, find the one in my sidebar!)

I'd really love some feedback from folks, so if you re-subscribe please let me know if it works.  I'll write a quick blog post a day or two after the July 1st deadline to test things out.  You can always email me any comments or suggestions at:  lindaslens13@gmail.com

If you are on Facebook, my blog also has a Facebook page, called "Linda's Lens Blog."  I used to have a link to this on my blog sidebar but I see it has mysteriously disappeared.  (Something else to deal with!  Ugh!)

Thanks everyone for your patience.  With my recent surgery this wasn't something I really wanted to tackle right now, but the looming July 1st deadline has forced my hand......


5 comments:

  1. ...you are on my reader list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better each day. I have not done anything yet for follow.it . I will check it out soon. I saw that it was from Tualatin OR when a blogger friend from Austrailia tell me more about it. Another state had her blog on there as well. I don't know why it was changed. Will see how it works. Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I have not tried anything to replace it yet. Blogger seems to make things so difficult some times:( Hope you are feeling better and enjoying your family time;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I have your blog on my sidebar, so I usually see a new post shows up!
    I hope you are feeling better! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.