Saturday, May 9, 2020

Tulip Time

One of the best things about spring in the Pacific NW is all the beautiful flowers that start blooming. The colorful show begins in March and continues until nearly June.  One of my favorite perennials is the tulip.




Several years ago, my hubby and son planted a wonderful flower garden in our backyard.  Although several different varieties of bulbs were buried, it's the tulips I love the most.





Beginning in mid-March, they pop their heads out of the soil and rise up to show off their vibrant colors.




The tulips in my garden are staggered to bloom at different times.  First to pop open are the red ones, closely followed by their yellow cousins.




When the red and yellow start fading, the pinks and purple striped tulips take over.




We even had a few fancy red tulips with ruffled edges bloom.




One of the joys of working from home has been observing the progression of my tulip garden through these past few weeks.




And when the light hits a bloom just perfect, I'm able to take a break, grab my camera and capture the beauty.




Morning dew on the petals is especially photogenic.







Sadly, my tulips are now done blooming for another year. 




In these uncertain times, this lovely backyard garden has given me something beautiful to look at while I'm working away at my dining room table.  I hope these photos bring you as much happiness as my tulip patch has given me.


14 comments:

  1. ...those ruffled edged tulips are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos of gorgeous flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these lovely flowers. I used to have a lot of tulips, but they have all died out and since I am alone to tend the flower beds, I have not replaced these bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulips are one of my favorites. I enjoy seeing all the tulips in the fields. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! What a nice tulip garden you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. tulips are my favorite flowers. Thanks for sharing your great pictures, as usual! Glad you have some in your flower beds. I remember the time we met at Wooden Shoe Tulip farm and had fun taking photos together. I miss being out there this year. I need to figure out what to take photos of this year. I enjoy the flowering bushes I have. Right now the lilac bush is still blooming and now the rhododendren bush is blooming. Enjoying all the birds in the area as well! Looks of "singing" going on! Take care my friend. Are you off work, working at home? Have a good Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a tulip garden. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the beautiful photos. Tulips are such a happy flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tulips are so pretty, lovely photos. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I have a few. I think the deer ate the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful bit of colour to brighten up a dark and uncertain world at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a glorious splash of colour of colour and beauty to observe as you work. Lovely to find a positive to corona's restrictions.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.