Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Scenes From Montana

Time for something different - a post in real time (instead of three months ago!)  My hubby and I traveled to Montana this week to celebrate Christmas with our son.


Wintry reflections

 My son currently resides in a tiny western Montana town, right next door to one of his parishes.  I thought I might miss the conveniences of the larger city where he lived last year.  However, I've been pleasantly surprised by the beautiful scenery right outside his front door.


Tumble-down fence

While my son was busy Christmas Eve and day, I took walks around the neighborhood with my camera.


Red berries (perfect for Christmas!)

Snow began falling Christmas Eve day, coating everything in a fluffy blanket.  I was happy to see we'd have a white Christmas.


Frosty tree

My gift to you - snowy Montana scenes to enjoy.


Abandoned barn


Snowy road


The scenery here is fabulous


Next door photo ops


Scenic creek

The parish next door to my son's house has a wonderful tradition.  They light fireworks after Christmas Eve mass.  This year I was ready with camera and tripod, and managed to capture some of the show.


Fireworks after Christmas Eve mass

The church itself is over 100 years old.  It's a lovely little chapel, complete with colorful stained glass windows.


Lovely country church

Wishing all my readers a wonderful Christmas and holiday season! 

(Fall hike catch-up will resume after the new year.)


20 comments:

  1. ...Linda, wherever you go you find beauty. Gorgeous images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thats me jelous of you having such a wonderful place to stay and haveing snow for Christmas. Glad you had a good one. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS have a look at my Church Exporer Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous place to be for Christmas! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a joyful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual some great photos. They are very seasonal. I hope you had a very happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place! I'm glad you had the chance to spend Christmas with your son, and that it snowed. Thank you for sharing your pictures; they are lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Montana is a beautiful state. Your son is lucky to live in a lovely area too. Beautiful snowy scenes and photos. Happy belated Christmas and I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how stunning! What beautiful scenery. A very lovely way to spend Christmas. It's so magical! Wishing you all a very happy 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place to celebrate Christmas. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soon after Christmas, Japanese people start preparing for the year-end and New Year’s events.
    Compared to Christmas, many of these events are based on Japanese tradition and are deeply related to religion.
    The end-of-year party is called “bonenkai” in Japanese. “Bonen” means to forget (the worries of) the past year.
    People are busy with events on New Year’s Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous photos! I think the abandoned barn and snowy road are my favs. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photos from Montana where you stayed over Christmas. Yes, the old barn photo is nice in the snow ❄! Glad you had a white Christmas....rare here in Oregon! Happy New Year!

    https://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shivered just looking at the snow pics!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A white Christmas! A very grey one in the UK although we are in Lisbon now heading to the Canary Islands for some winter sun and hiking. All the best. Andy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks a great place to visit. Snow always adds something extra to a landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally magical! You must have been filled to overflowing with happiness - time with your son at this special time of year and the bonus of a fresh wintery world. Wonderful images - the berries and fireworks my favourites if I had to choose. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda, these chilly photos are wonderful. I love the little church. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We were wondering if we would have a white Christmas here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful countryside. Glad you could spend Christmas with your son, and that you got a white Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - Those are gorgeous scenes! Glad you were able to be with your son too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.