Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Game Day!

Last Saturday Roger and I traveled to Corvallis to see an OSU football game.  This year, we purchased the "orange 3-pack" of football tickets, and this was the first game in our series.  Denise joined us for the game, but she sat with her friends in a different part of the stadium.  Her ticket was for the student section.  Denise has been diligent in getting free student tickets for every home game thus far.  If she get a student ticket for each home game, she's eligible for a student ticket to the Civil War - and it's in Corvallis this year!


Father and daughter ready for the big game!

The Beaver's opponent was Cal (University of California, Berkeley).  Roger and I didn't know much about Cal's team.  However, when OSU scored two touchdowns in the first quarter, and then two more before halftime, we realized either OSU was playing really good, or Cal was really bad.

Surprisingly, we had excellent seats for the game. When I made our reservations, I noticed the assigned section number was on the side of the south end zone, which is not a great place to sit. However, on game day I discovered our seats were in the very first row - almost field level. We got to see a couple of touchdowns happen right in front of us. Awesome!


Roger and I model our matching orange t-shirts

We got lucky with the weather. The clouds that threatened rain all day, only sprinkled a little the the third quarter. I'd come prepared though, wearing my raingear just in case.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to be at a college football game.  I swear everyone in the stadium had some sort of orange clothing on.  Because it was the day before Halloween, some people came in costume.  We saw a ketchup and mustard duo, a bunch of totally orange men, and someone in a chicken suit.  The band played loud, upbeat music and I joined in with the crowd, cheering our hearts out for the Beavs.


Denise is tired of picture-taking


In the end, OSU triumphed over Cal 35-7.  Yeah!  Go Beavs!!

It was great to see Denise, and I had a blast at the game.  I'm looking forward to OSU's next home game in two weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.