Sunday, March 17, 2013

First Flower

It happens every year.  Once February has taken its exit, the dull gray that's Portland in winter begins to slowly brighten.  The first indication spring is almost here?   When daffodils begin to push themselves up through the rain-soaked soil.




Last weekend I discovered a clump of cheery yellow daffodils blooming in my front yard.  The sun made a brief appearance.  Just long enough for me to grab my camera and get a couple of shots.

One week later, the cherry trees have burst into frilly pink blossoms.  Tiny green leaves are beginning to sprout from other trees.  Our backyard frogs are out in force, performing their nightly symphony.

Yep - spring is coming fast.  My skiing days are numbered.


5 comments:

  1. So very pretty, my friend.
    No flowers in Bend yet...but last week I spied my first sweet little daffodils at my sister's in Salem. How I love this time of year.
    Have a great week.
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. no flowers here yet, but I did see my daffodils are coming up, so hopefully soon! I am so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful close-up Linda! Count me as one of those who love spring (although early autumn is still my favorite time of the year).
    Isn't there skiing year round at Timberline...using the Palmer chairlift?
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo! I always get so excited when I see daffodils coming up each year. A sure sign of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty- I'm jealous - we have about 12 inches of new snow this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.