Friday, September 17, 2010

Countdown.....One month




As of today, it is exactly on month until the Nike Women's Marathon.  I'm getting excited to travel to San Francisco, and want the day to be here already!

I'm starting to get burned out on training.  Seems like all I do anymore is come home and run.  It's getting dark earlier now, and I'm always chasing daylight as I finish up a workout.  My right knee was bothering me this week, so I took a couple of days off to let it rest.

Through my training runs, I've figured out some of the race day particulars, such as what clothing I'll wear to run the marathon, and what nutrition I'll use.  I've even discovered a couple of flavors of Gu that I like.  Guess what kind?  Yep.... Chocolate Outrage and Chocolate Mint  (you know me, of course I picked chocolate!)

Now the challenge is to stay healthy and injury-free for the next month.  A couple more weeks of hard training and then I get to taper.  I'm looking forward to that!

Full speed ahead to October 17th!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.