Friday, December 4, 2009

Visiting Cody in Missoula

In early November, I made a quick weekend trip to Missoula to visit Cody. Cody had left some things at our house from this summer that he now really needed (like his down comforter - essential for winters in Montana!) So I loaded up the car with everything Roger and I could think of that Cody might need, and headed down the highway bound for Montana!




Cody now has his own apartment in Missoula all to himself. He's very happy to have his own place, and has been enjoying cooking in his kitchen. The first morning I was there, Cody made me a great breakfast. Here he is pulling the muffins out of the oven.




We took a walk into downtown Missoula, so I could visit my favorite coffee (tea) shop. This is a view of the old Missoula train station and the Clark Fork River from the bridge.




And here's another view of the Clark Fork River. It is winter here now - the trees are bare and everything is brown. It was cold out too!



Cody enjoys his hot chocolate on the bridge, while waiting for me to finish taking photos.



Cody made me an apple pie, and made some "mini-pies" with the extra apples and crust.




Here's a fun video I took with one of my cameras of Cody making bread. It's a little blurry at first, but it gets better!

We made butternut squash soup and homemade bread for dinner, and it was delicious!

The weekend went by way too fast, and before I knew it I needed to hit the road for home. But it was great to be able to spend some time with my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.