Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mom's Weekend at OSU



Saturday, I was off to Corvallis to visit Denise at OSU for Mom's weekend. I've been to OSU's campus many times in the fall, and once in the summer, but had never visited in the spring. I discovered what a beautiful place it is in the springtime! The photo above shows some of the amazing flowering plants and landscaping found on campus.

Denise and I had a fun day. We got to tour the nuclear reactor that is on campus-- very interesting! We also toured the OSU Wave Research Laboratory that is used to study tsuanmis. Very, very cool! The demonstration was so interesting, I forgot to take any photos until it was over. But I did get a photo of the outside of the huge building that housed the lab.

The Wave Research Center - it is huge!
Our attempt at a mother-daughter self portrait.
Denise gave me a tour of her school, and we dodged the raindrops as we walked around campus.I also took her to the grocery store to stock up on some healthy food--she has been fighting a cold. I even got Denise her own Flinstones vitamins, and she promised to take them!
It was good to spend the day with my daughter. I miss her and look forward to having her home this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure this is your daughter? You look like you could be her older sister! Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Please leave a comment.